Find Out More!
Although I have had a lot of instruction and practice in listening techniques, I believe Evocative Coaching has clarified the importance of listening and the value of being totally present; not solving problems but building on the positive.
Everything that I have learned is influencing and impacting my work with students as a teacher, as a PLC facilitator with my colleagues, and with the building and district leadership as I drop “pebbles” of the Evocative Coaching model along the pathway to our school and district’s transformation.
Each week in the Evocative Coaching Training Program I learn more and more that will impact my job. I am becoming more comfortable in using the strategies and have become much more reflective in my discussions with teachers.
Through this training program I have become a better listener; I give less advice and instead practice giving empathy. I think about how the skills I am learning can impact my students and my work environment. It has helped me detach in a good way from stressors in my environment.
The consistent focus on positive feedback really supports the self-efficacy of my staff. Being reminded of the Möbius strip with story, empathy, inquiry and design thinking has really effected how I communicate / coach my staff.
I joined this course because I wanted to transform schools; I have found instead that I have been transformed.
Through this course, I have started to really feel myself on the cusp of something quite tremendous as a professional and also as a person.
Imaginative listening is a game changer in that it allows teachers to tell their stories with full engagement. The more teachers understand their stories as stories, rather than as settled facts over which they have no control, the more teachers are cultivating a willingness to change and become lifelong learners.
By listening mindfully, quietly and reflectively when teachers tell their stories, coaches disarm resistance and evoke open dialogue which sets the stage for change. It is seldom that a person is listened to without judgment and with no agenda. This alone may be why evocative coaching is refreshing and powerful enough to transform an entire school.
When I meet with a teacher or walk into his or her class, I finally feel as if I have the tools to help them reach their potential. I took this job because I like the coaching aspect but after my first year, I was not sure if I had the “it” that caused teacher to see me as more than just a helper. I feel empowered!
The Center for School Transformation certifies graduates of the Evocative Coaching Training Program as a “Certified Evocative Coach”. Here are the requirements:
- Enroll in and complete the Certification Module. The fee for this module is $495 USD. Sign up using this Shopping Cart link.
- Hold a 60-hour Certificate of Completion from the Evocative Coaching Training Program documented class plus homework hours.
- Document at least three years of professional experience in a leadership role.
- Pass a 100-question multiple-choice exam administered through an online testing site.
- Covenant to uphold the Evocative Coaching Code of Ethics.
- Submit your Coaching Platform (developed during the training program).
- Submit the following materials for two coaching sessions with people you have been coaching (i.e., two different teachers or school leaders):
- A 30-minute audio recording (MP3 file type) of a coaching session pertaining to a school topic
- A completed Evocative Coaching Style Points Tool for each recording, self scoring your demonstration of the 16 Style Points.
- A completed Learning Brief Template, developed during the coaching relationship
- A completed Experimental Design Template, developed during the coaching relationship.
- A completed IAC Coaching Feedback Form submitted by the person you were coaching.
In addition to the Center’s own, school-specific certification, graduates of the Evocative Coaching Training Program may also become eligible for two additional certifications: either coach certification through the International Association of Coaching or for those holding at least a Masters degree in education or a related field, a Board Certified Coach designation through the Center for Credentialing & Education.
Contact Us today to find out more!